Friday, June 3, 2011

Turtles, Crabs & Cars!


Our first day on the island we went to a beach while we were waiting to buy our car. I went running into the water and Chan starts yelling at me to stop- I definitely thought I was about to be eaten by a shark... but it was just turtles! Tons of them!
Our Hawaii Car! This beauty is a 95 Volkswagen Cabrio. A little old... but the price was right and it was a convertible!
 This tree is one the beach right down the hill from our apartment. Booeys are a crucial part of island decor. They're everywhere- and yes thats how you spell booey, I looked it up. 
Our temporary apartment! Until we can move in to our real one we are stuck in a very small guest room. Our bed is the only place I have deemed as livable for humans, so it is our bed, couch, and table. 
 we piled all our luggage on the other bed... 
Chan's epic battle with the crab! This little guy got uncovered by a wave and unfortunately we saw him before he could re-burrow. 

 These little holes are all along the beach and are all full of crabs. 
 This is the Hawaii temple! It's grounds are the only well maintained grounds on maybe the whole island....

1 comment: